Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking out, Looking in

Oh, another cloudy raining day, for the people out there who aren't able to appreciate this weather I find that personally, I am much calmer and more relaxed. Maybe its because of the fact that I am inside looking out.  It makes me think about those people who are outside, I mean actually living there lives outdoors without the security of having a home to go to everyday and night. It must feel very cold and lonely, not anything like what I experience on a day like today. So many questions come to my mind, when is the last time they have eaten a simple meal or enjoyed cuddling up on a cold day. I wish that all people are forunate enough to have shelter, food and clean clothes. The society that we live in today scares me, we have so much but complain about everything. Are we the most unhappiest people or generation for that matter? There are many country's who unfortunately live in poverty daily, we live in one the richest nations in the world. I wonder why? Why do we have homeless people on our streets? Why am I the lucky one? What happened in their lives which led them to such a dire state? A friend of mine once replied to a questionI had regarding this subject, " it is what it is" she replied. I looked at her and shook my head asking her if she was serious about her answer. It is what it is, I thought to myself. "Wow" sarcastically that changed my whole outlook on homelessness.

Really, I am not doing much but looking out from my window and watching the leaves fall from the trees while the wind sweeps them along my backyard. What I should be doing is looking within. What could I do as a person to help win the fight against homelesness?

No comments:

Post a Comment